THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
When we collect personal information from California residents we become subject to, and those residents have rights under, the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA”. This section of our statement is used to allow us to fulfill our CCPA obligations and explain your CCPA rights. For purposes of this section, the words “you” and “your” mean only such California residents.
What did we collect from California Residents?
We collected the following categories of personal information within the last 12 months:
- identifiers such as name, address, IP address, and other similar identifiers
- personal information under the Customer Records provision of the California Civil Code such as a name, address, telephone number, credit card number
- characteristics of protected classifications such as race, gender, ethnicity
- commercial information such as products or services purchased
- inferences drawn from the foregoing to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological traits, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence abilities and aptitudes.
What Personal Information did we disclose for a business purpose?
We may have disclosed the categories of personal information listed above for one or more business purposes permitted by the CCPA during the last 12 months.
What Personal Information did we sell?
We may sell any or all of the Personal Information we collect in order to provide consumers with the services they have requested from our online and mobile resources.
What sources did we obtain Personal Information from and why did we collect it?
Please re-review Section 2 of this privacy statement to understand the scope of purposes and the sources from which we collect it. Similarly, we urge you to re-read Section 6 of this statement where we describe the categories of third parties with which we may sell, share, and otherwise transfer your personal information and why.
Rights of California Residents
You have the following rights under the CCPA. It’s important to us that you know that if you exercise these rights, we will not discriminate against you by treating you differently from other California residents who use our sites and mobile resources or purchase our services but did not exercise their rights.
- Know – the right to request that we disclose to you, specifically beyond the general statement immediately above, the categories and specific elements of personal information collected including the source of the information, our use of it and, if the information was disclosed or sold to third parties, the categories so disclosed or sold as well as the categories of third party who received or purchased it.
- Access – the right to receive a copy of the categories and specific elements of personal information we collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
- Delete – the right to request that we delete the personal information we collected about you under certain circumstances.
- Opt-Out – the right to direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information.
You, or an authorized agent acting on your behalf, can exercise the Right to Know up to two different times every 12 months. To exercise these rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 18337433778. We may ask you to fill out a request form. The CCPA only allows us to act on your request if we can verify your identity and/or your agent’s authority to make the request, so you will also need to follow our instructions for identity verification.
If you make a verifiable request per the above, we will confirm our receipt and respond in the time frames prescribed by the CCPA.